Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Work Has Officially Begun

I can't tell you how blessed I was to see this crew from Samaritan's Purse show up to help at Mrs Mary's house a couple of days ago. I have mentioned this big project we are doing to try to get Mrs Mary's house back in suitable living condition. I honestly am trusting God on this one because it is bigger than any other project I have taken on. It amazes me how all the needs get met at just the right time. I thought I was meeting one man at the house to walk through and discuss how it would all work and I showed up to an eager crew ready to start working. Little Mrs Mary was sitting in her living room with furniture passing right by her. She and her husband are now moved out and the work has begun. It is time to kick into overdrive. I am trying to get the basics done so we can get in there with some crews and re paint and fix it up.
This was such a hard working crew. They came in and flat stripped this house bare exactly like it needed to be. There were people working on this house from Michigan, Raleigh, NC, and Alabama to Tennessee. What an amazing group effort to bless this family.
Just since Samaritan's Purse came in and began, two of the neighbors right next door gave their lives to the Lord and prayed with the chaplain. They were inspired by all of the people serving and asked what was going on. I also got to know and hear the story of another neighbor. We even had one of the volunteers sing to us on a break. She is trying out for American Idol.
I will have a video soon of everything I mentioned above. I have some great stuff captured. Lives are being changed one at a time and it is all because some Ordinary Heroes came together to bless a blind woman and her husband and their daughter who loves them and wants to give them their life back. There is such a ripple effect in giving and serving.

Thank you, Thank you, to the Samaritan's Purse team for helping us help them. What a huge blessing you were to this family and to our project.

1 comment: