Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Miss Clemmie......what an inspiration

I just can't tell you enough how God uses the bad in life and turns it around into good. I have seen such amazing relationships formed as a result of this flood. I have an amazing story of a family completely taking an east Nashville flood victim family under their wing and showing them love and support in so many unbelievable ways. I will share that story and show pictures in my next post.

I have been thinking about the following story for about a week now. I am completely amazed at God and how He chooses the people that I bump into. I was down in East Nashville checking on a family we are helping because of the flood when up walks a woman carrying a clip board. She hands me a card and tells me that she advocates for that neighborhood to try to fight against violence and keep kids out of gangs. She was also spending the week working with the Salvation Army checking on flood victims. So there we both are doing what we do best when we cross paths. I told her to call me if she found any families needing assistance. She called a couple of days later. She told me that one home that suffered flood damage was the home of an elderly blind woman and her 80 year old husband. Finally after more questions I asked about this particular home she broke down into tears and admitted that this blind woman was her mother. I met her there the following day and captured her heart and story about her mother on video. When I walked in and met her mother it was like a scene from a movie. This is the sweetest, most strong spirited woman in her condition that I have ever met.

After getting footage of her home I went to the building where she has started her after school program and ministry. After watching the video you will understand why she has such a heart and a passion for these inner city kids involved in gangs. She is doing such amazing things to turn that whole community around and it is still mostly under the radar even though she has been named Nashvillian of the year. I would like to see her get more help with her ministry than she knows what to do with. It would be a privilege to help Miss Clemmie in any way possible. But after you hear her heart's cry you will know how to respond. Her heart is for her mother. That is where we will start. After you watch this video you will see the project that lay before us. I am a determined woman :) and I see great things happening for Miss Mary, Clemmies mother. BUT, as you know, I can't do this alone. I need as many connections to get a house transformed as possible. So if that is you, CONTACT ME :) Email me at Kelly@ordinaryhero.org . Tell me how you can help. I am starting a Miss Clemmie fund in which 100% of the funds will be used to cover the expenses of this remodel. We will then take a home decor team, which any of you can jump on board, and transform her place into a haven that she will be proud to call home. So, if you build, paint, sell building supplies, home decor, anything of the like......CONTACT ME . If you want to help with her ministry in any way....CONTACT ME.
Also.....Dr. Wang, look out, here we come :)


This home will be a blessing to this family and the children in this family for many generations to come.

So here is what all the fuss is about. Watch this video and be blessed. Her voice speaks loud about a world that most of us don't even know exists. Watch blessings pour out of tragedy...on so many different levels. What an Ordinary Hero!!


(silence the music at bottom of page and watch below or just CLICK HERE to go to the link)


Miss Clemmie ~ Ordinary Hero from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. WOW....I have been sitting here watching this video for the past 30 minutes bawling my eyes out....what a hero! I will definitely pray for Miss Clemmie and her mother Mary. Bless you for being out there to find her and her story! You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete