Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Update.....Ashleigh Got A Transplant!!


Can I just say OH MY GOSH!!! I can't get this posted fast enough. I just received this update on Ashleigh, whom I know many of you have been praying for. Truly Amazing!!! Never underestimate the power of prayer people :) Your prayers helped change the world for one 15 year old girl. Keep the prayers coming for both the receiver and the family of the donor of this life giving gift.
This is from her Dr.........

SHE GOT A TRANSPLANT!!
Thank you to everyone who responded to my prayer request for Ashleigh! I appreciate all the replies - I know many of you have been anxiously waiting for an update. Here's the BEST one I can send out: Ashleigh received a heart transplant very early this morning and did really well!! I am amazed at how quickly a heart became available. What a wonderful feeling to see her parents today in the waiting room - for the past week they have expressed many thank-you's for your prayers! We aren't given any information on the donor, but what a generous gift of life for a teenage girl! As we pray for Ashleigh's strong recovery with her new heart let us also remember the donor and his or her family in their loss. Thank you again for your love, support and prayers!
-English
English Flack, MD
Clinical Fellow, Pediatric Cardiology
Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

1 comment:

  1. Praise Jesus!! Continued prayers for Ashleigh & prayers for the family that is dealing with their loss.

    ReplyDelete