Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Local Outreach at the Mission

 I hope all of you wonderful Moms out there had a blessed Mother's Day! Even if you are not a Mom yet, but have a Mother's Heart....I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Children need a mother's heart to care for them regardless of if you actually birthed them or not :)

I wanted to show you all some pics of our Local Mother's Day Outreach. This is the second year in a row we have done this. My amazing friend, Carol, helped organize it this year. She put the call out, needing items to fill over 180 bags to be given to the moms residing at the Nashville Rescue Mission, in order to bless them on Mother's Day. In a lot of cases, these Moms are all that their children have. It is important to show them how special they are and to encourage them to be the best mom they can be.

Well.....you all came through. So many donated and then came together to pack these bags for the moms. First you can see everyone gathered at Bethel World Outreach to fill all these bags with the mountains of donated items. Many thanks to those of you who donated and to those of you who came to help pack the bags.

 Some of the kiddos even joined in to help pack these bags for the moms.
 We had such an awesome group of ladies that helped make this possible!!
 And again, special thanks to Carol (on the right below) who organized this. Missy (on the left) organizes a group every Friday to go to the mission to serve. If you would like to know more about getting involved in that just email me at Kelly@Ordinaryhero.org.
 I was scheduled to speak to these special ladies on Sat, the day of their Mother's Day brunch.  As you can see below, the bags made it over to the mission and were waiting for the Moms as their special gift.
 I was so honored to be the speaker at their Mother's Day luncheon. I love these ladies!!
 My friend, Carrie Cecil, always is quick to serve these women at the mission, herself. She introduced me to the ladies.
 I spent a bit just encouraging these moms and showing them that they have purpose in this world as mothers and individuals put here to serve and make a difference.


 Carrie organized a group to come in and bring decorations for the tables and help serve the women lunch. Many thanks to all of you who served.


 Everything was beautiful, right down to the table decorations. Thanks, Carrie!!

 I was blessed to be able to eat with the ladies during their lunch after I spoke. They kept saying how wonderful it all was and how blessed they felt. The smallest acts of kindness really go so far for women who need encouragement to know they are loved and not forgotten.
 Thanks to the young teens who came in to serve as well!! Love the hair nets ladies!!!
 Oh wait!! The big girls got to enjoy the hair nets as well while they served in the kitchen. So sad I missed out on that ;)
 Carrie sporting her hair cap and proud of it!!
Thanks so much to everyone for making all of this possible for the women living at the mission in Nashville. I will post a video soon of my speech to them. I also heard that this inspired some of you to do a similar outreach for the mission moms in your community. That is soooo awesome!!

Also, I must thank all of you for stepping up to help Ashli in Ethiopia. She is totally blessed by all the support and soooo needs it. I also must introduce you to my friend, Kelly Bullock.


She is our new Ethiopia Missions Coordinator. She is helping me answer some emails and keep organized with all this and is wonderful at it. I am so grateful to have her. She brought her baby girl home from Ethiopia this year after she met her in an orphanage on our last July mission trip. She traveled with us and met her daughter there. How cool is that? Now baby Mercy is home and she is helping OH with Ethiopia missions coordinating. Woo hoo!! So if you have any questions about the orphanage, donations, Ashli, or the like, email Kbullock@Ordinaryhero.org. If you have a question that has not gotten answered by me yet, just email Kelly B. I am one Momma stretched in a million directions and get behind sometimes, as I'm sure you can imagine :)

Welcome, Kelly B, to the OH Team and thanks a MILLION for your help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment